Senior (Leading) Research Fellow, Institute of World
History, Russian Academy of Sciences, Professor, State University for the
Humanities, Russian Academy of Sciencies.Center for North American studies
Graduated from the Moscow State University in 1976.
Scholarly interests: International and Soviet (Russian)-American relations in
XX Century, history of Soviet, American and British inteligence communities (1917-1953)
- Soviet Intelligence Services in
America. International Relations Publishers. Moscow. 2005. 502 P. (In Russsian).
- Soviet Intelligence Services in
America. 2nd Edition. Updated and Expanded. International Relations Publishers.
Moscow. 2015. 581 P. (In Russsian).
- Аmerican Public Opinion and Soviet-American Collaboratiob Problem (June –
December 1941) // Аmerican Yearbook 1988. Nauka Publishets, Moscow. 1988 (In
- Soviet-American Relations and American
Public Opinion (December 1941 – October 1943) // Аmerican Yearbook 1989. Nauka Publishets, Moscow. 1989 (In Russian).
- American Humanitarian Aid Relief to
Soviet People 1941-1945 // Аmerican Yearbook
1991. Nauka Publishets, Moscow. 1992 (In Russian).
- American Public Opinion and
Formation of Soviet-American Cooperation, June-December 1941 // Soviet-U.S.
Relation, 1933-1942. Progress Publishers. Moscow. 1989. P. 243-258.
- Josef Stalin’s Secret War: Soviet Intelligence
Services in the United States Before and During the EarlyCold War, 1943-1953 //
Stalin’s Decade of the Cold War. Facts and Hypotheses. Nauka Publishers. Moscow.
1999. P.188-206 (In Russsian).
- Professionals and Volunteers: Soviet Intelligence Services in the United
States, 1921-1945 // American Yeardook 1998. Nauka Publishers. Moscow. 1999. P.
194-224 (In Russsian).
- Spies, Spycatchers and Codebreakers: Soviet Intelligence Services in the
United States and VENONA, 1943-1953 // American Yearbook 1999. Nauka Publishers.
Moscow. 2000. P. 223-251 (In Russsian).
- Intelligence Information, An Image
of Enemy and Political Decisions // Papers of Symposium “From an Image of Enemy
to That of a Partner Through Culture of Peace and Dialogue”. Institute of World
History. Russian Academy of Sciences. Мoscow.
2000. P. 61-76 (In Russsian).
- AMTORG and Soviet Espionage in the United States, 1924-1929 гг. // The USA and Canada Journal: Economics, Politics, Culture.
2000. № 6. P. 65-79 (In Russsian).
- Soviet, British and American Communities: Their Estimates of
International Situation and Its Perspecrives (August 1939 – June 1941) // International
Crisis of 1939-1941: From Soviet-German Treaties of 1939 года to German Invasion of the USSR. Papers of the International
Conerence Sponsored by the Institute of World History, Russian Academy of
Sciences, University of Latvia, Institute of Contemporary History (Munich) and
Moscow Branch of Konrad Adenauer Foundation. Moscow, February 3-4, 2005 г. «Prava Cheloveka Publishers человека». Moscow. 2006. P. 327-356 (In Russsian). .
- Soviet Intelligence Services in British Empire, 1920-1927 // Russia and Britain.
Vol 5. On the Ways to Mutual Understanding. Nauka Publishers. Moscow. 2010. P.
209-239 (In Russsian).
- A NКVD/NKGB Report to Stalin: A Glimpse into Soviet
Intelligence in the United States in the 1940s // Cold War International
History Project Bulletin. # 10. Woodraw Wilson Center. Washington, D.C. 1998.
- Commoners, Commissars and Spies: Soviet Policies and Society 1945 // Victory
in Europe 1945. Ed. By T.A. Wilson, A.A.
Offner. University Press of Kansas. Lawrence. KS. 2000. P. 183-212.
- The Soviet Intelligence Services and the Government: Infornation and Military-Political
Decisions From 1920s to the Early 1950s // Mechanisms of Power in the Soviet Union.
Ed. By E. Rosenfeldt, B. Jensen and E. Kulvig. Macmillan Press Ltd. / St.
Martin’s Press, Inc. London – New York. 2000. P. 101-121.
- The Enemy at the Gates: Soviet Military Intelligence in the Inter-war Period
and Its Forecasts of Future War, 1921-1941 // Russia in the Age of Wars 1914-1945.
Ed. By S. Pons, A. Romano. Editore Feltrinelli. Milano. 2000. P. 215-233.
- The Soviet Union and the United States on the Eve of War: Intelligence
Communities, Information and Decision Making Process (Sept. 1938 – December
1941) // American Yearbook 2001. Nauka Publishers. Moscow. 2003. P. 186-213 (In Russsian).
- Intelligence, Information and Political Decision Making Process: the
Turning Points of the Early Cold War Period, 1944-1953 // Cold War in
Retrospective, 1945-1963. “OLMA-Press”. Moscow. 2003. P. 321-368 (In Russsian).