Professor of Hitory. Chair of the Center for North American studies, Institue
of World History, RAS.
Chairman of the
Russian Association of Advanced Studies in American Hisory.
Chief editor of the
journal «Modern and current history».
editor of the «American Yearbook».
- Developed a register of archetypes and factors
of American civilization and revealed their role at all phases of American
- Used in research practice a set of
interdisciplinary methods for the study of U.S. history. Usage of the
categories of the political science in conjunction with the principle of
historicism allowed to justify the original concept of change of historical
types of American democracy and political power.
- Involvement of methods and categories of social
science in combination with the approaches of history allowed to develop the
innovative concept of a social conflict in American history and impact on various
stages of the main social groups in American society: economic classes,
racial-ethnic, gender, generational age groups, religious denominations.
- Research of the main ideological currents of
the United States — liberalism, conservatism, left and right radicalism — and
their relationship at all stages of American history.
- Research of main schools of American historiography
and their contribution to the study of the basic problems of the history of the
United States. Developed and implemented in research practice the original
concept of dialogue with the American historiography schools.
- Conducted original research and synthesis in
the history of foreign and domestic policy of the United States in the context
of the interaction of three fundamental factors of American civilization —
liberalism, democracy, imperialism.
- The origins of modern bourgeois ideology of the
United States. M., 1975. — 237 p.
- Ideological currents in the American revolution
of the XVIII Century. M., 1980. 312 p.
- The founders of the United States: historical
portraits. M. 1983. — 176 c..
- The myths and realities of American history.
M., 1986. — 256 p.
- Critical schools of non-Marxist historiography
of the USA of the XX century, M. 1987. — 270 p.
- Jefferson: the man, the thinker, the
politician. M. 1989. — 280 c.
- Historiography of modern Britain (co-authors G.
I. Zvereva, L. P. Repina). M. 1991. — 230 p.
- Political history of modern Russia, 1985-1994:
from Gorbachev to Yeltsin. M. 1994. — 192 p.
- Liberalism of the West. XVII—XX centuries
(co-authors — Patrushev A. I., Tokareva E. S., Fadeeva T. M.). M., 1995. — 228
- Ideology in American history: from the founding
fathers to the end of the XX century, M., 1995. — 238 c.
- The presidency and democracy: the American
experience. M. 1998. -200 C.
Political history of the United States. XVII—XX
centuries — M. 2001. — 390 p.
- Political history of modern Russia. 1985-2001:
from Gorbachev to Putin. — M., 2001. — 262 p.
- History of the United States. M., 2003. — 192
- The historical experience of the United States.
M. 2010. — 581 p.
- Democracy in the United States: from the
colonial age to the XXI century — M. 2011. — 368 p
- Central problems in the history of the United
States. — M. 2013. — 352 p.
- The USA in the XX–XXI centuries. Liberalism.
Democracy. Empire.. — M. 2015.