Ecclesiastical History Society invites articles for a peer-reviewed volume of Studies in Church History on the Church in Sickness and in Health.
Papers are invited that consider how the Church has responded to – and defined – sickness and health from the Early Church to the present day. Possible themes, may include but are not restricted, to the following:
- The Church’s response to disease, plagues, and pandemics
- Practices relating to visiting and caring for the sick
- The Church and medicine; clergy and physicians
- Religious institutions and medical care; hospital chaplains
- Medicine and Christian missions
- Churches’ responses to science, medical research, and medical intervention
- Historical perspectives on what constitutes a good life, a good death, and healing.
- The Church and spiritual health
- Theological metaphors of sickness and health
For more details, please, visit the Society's website: https://ecclesiasticalhistorysociety.com/churchinsicknessandinhealth/
01 Jun 2020