Call for paper
Center for the history of historical knowledge of the Institute of the world history, Russian Academy of Science (RAS) in cooperation with Department of global and domestic history of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) kindly invite to participate in the International conference “Universe of Jean Bodin” dedicated to 490th anniversary of renown French lawyer and philosopher. The conference is to take place in Moscow from 8 to 9 April, 2020. We welcome papers on diverse aspects of Bodin’s legacy including (but not limited to) the following themes:
· Life and Times of Jean Bodin;
· Bodin’s philosophy of history in the context of Early Modern historical writing;
· Originality of Bodin’s political and legal studies: texts and contexts;
· Bodin’s theory of sovereignty and its actualization;
· Bodin’s natural philosophy and Early Modern encyclopedic tradirion;
· Bodin as a ‘witch hunter’: superstition or pragmatics?
· Later fate of Bodin’s ideas.
No registration fee. The organizers have no opportunity to reimburse any travel or accommodation expenses.
Proposals for presentations (including name, academic title and affiliation, contacts, paper’s title and 100-word abstract) are to be submitted by Tuesday, 28 January 2020 on email email@example.com with subject header “Universe of Jean Bodin”.
Conference’s organizing committee.
22 Oct 2019
|Address:||г. Москва, Ленинский проспект, 32А., ИВИ РАН и г. Москва, проспект Вернадского, 76, МГИМО (У) МИД России|